Monday, April 30, 2007

The travelling to Singapore @ 28 April 2007, Part 2


We had crossed the bridge, Michael was driving, we were excited! When we reached the immigration, Michael passed all the passports to the immigration guy and he asked the guy, "Do I put the smart card here?" Immigration guy replied, "Has this car entered to Singapore?". Michael answered "Yes, twice".
We puzzled because this is the first time I drove this car to Singapore. Immigration guy asked, "Is this your car?". Mike replied, "This is my card and I entered twice, but this is not my car".
Then Michael asked for Derek card. Michael coolly inserted Derek's card into the machine. Immigration guy asked Derek "Is this your card?" Derek answered "Yes." Immigration guy asked "Is your card registered with this car?" Derek answered "no".
Immigration guy asked Michael again, "Is this card with this car?" Michael answered yes.
We stopped Michael from making more confusing statements and Immigration guy asked us to purchase the autopass card at the office. Steph was mad at Michael "What are you saying Michael?"

Then he checked the passport and asked "Where is DEREK?". Derek answered, "It's me, here. I'm Derek". Immigration guy looked at the passport and looked at Derek in disbelief "You Derek ar?". Derek's passport photo look different from his current state so the immigration officer couldn't recognize him. We all laughed in the car!


Me, Derek and Tony went to buy the autopass card. Since Michael has used Derek's card, we need to cancel it or he will get problems with his car's next entry. Tony was saying Michael panic just now, we agreed. We went to the counter and the lady asked for 10 dollars for the autopass. I smartly asked "In ringgit ar?" She replied "In Singapore dollar". Tony and Derek was laughing. We told about Derek's card situation to them, the lady then said "We call for the enforcement officer to look at this". I looked at Tony and Tony started laughing.

Then she asked me and Derek "Are you guys together?". I answered "No, we are not "together" but traveling together." The enforcement officers came and deleted Derek's entry. We took our card and cabut.


Worrying about Mikey, I took back the driver seat and drove to our hotel with Derek's GPS.



No comments: