Thursday, October 23, 2008

Rachel Had MRI Today....

I thought today I might missed Rachel's scheduled MRI due to some delay of the discussions I had this afternoon. However, due to some emergency of the doctor in charge, the MRI was rescheduled later on. I managed to reach the hospital on time to accompany her for the MRI.

Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), or Nuclear magnetic resonance imagingNMRI), is primarily a medical imaging technique most commonly used in radiology to visualize the structure and function of the body. It provides detailed images of the body in any plane. MRI provides much greater contrast between the different soft tissues of the body than computed tomography (CT) does, making it especially useful in neurological (brain), musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, and oncological (cancer) imaging. - Wikipedia

Rachel reacted in the picture after they gave the needle insertion on the her hand. She didn't like the picture by the way but this is the only pic I took as the other places were not allowed to take pictures.

It looks like we might need drop by to the hospital a few more times before her procedure. Due to my work, I knew the doctor who will be doing the procedure. I knew him for a few years and never I ever thought that Rachel would need his services (even though my gut feelings told me that one day I might need his help). I had a great conversation with him today as the other times we were mostly talking about plainly work.

Rachel and I had a great relief as the results look very good and promising. Rachel was very worried for the past few days and today after the MRI, I can see her happy again.

No comments: