Saturday, January 31, 2009

Red Cliff 2 and All's Well, End's Well 2009 Review

I had a double movie session on Thursday to finish what we called CNY movies this year. Let me review Red Cliff 2 first.

The movie starts where it ends at Part 1 immediately. I figured if I would write a summary for a 2 1/2 hour movie, it would take a lot of time. So cut it short, I would just write how I felt about the movie.

Liu Bei and his troops involvement (except Zhu Geliang) is very minimal in this movie. Cao Cao is outstanding again in Part 2. The battle scene was spectacular, there were so much fire. Its really hard to shoot scene like that even though there's quite a number of scenes are visual effects.

This would be the best Chinese made battle scene ever made in movies. John Woo definitely didn't disappoint his fans on this 2 part movie. The movie should end like this and a pre or sequel will not be a right choice.

I confess! I only watch this movie because of Sandra Ng...LOL...

How the heck could I miss another "outstanding" performance from Sandra Ng.

The movie itself is funny. I would say it has been a while since I've seen a nice HK comedy movie like this. The cast of the movie itself consists of mixture of "heavyweights" of HK actor and actresses. There were quite a number of moments that were really funny. Even though some might be ridiculous but that's a "Kong Chan" movie should be.

Even though some people might not like the movie but personally I think it was a good movie.

No comments: