Monday, March 09, 2009

Royal Selangor Club's Newest Sports Honorary Member: Dato' Nicol David

Yesterday I was invited to Royal Selangor Club for a dinner. It was for Royal Selangor Club's Newest Sport Honorary Member: Dato' Nicol David.

The Royal Selangor Club (Malay: Kelab Di-Raja Selangor) is a social club in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, founded in 1884 by the British who ruled Malaya. The club is situated next to the Dataran Merdeka, or Independence Square, padang (field), and is accessible from Jalan Raja (Raja Road). - wikipedia.com

Well, I was excited to see our very own world champion. Even though she just lost her Malaysia Open final, she is still someone we adored.

nd1

The dress code: batik or sports jacket. I "borrowed" a batik last minute, thank god. If not, I would had been kicked out.

nd2

Dato' Nicol David receiving her membership and later on the feast began (I'm gonna blog about it later).

nd3

Me, Rachel, her parents and Dato' Nicol David. She was very humble and very friendly. She took pictures with all the guests.

I do find a bit weird when everyone addressed her as Dato'. Yet, she really deserved the title.

Many Malaysians will agree that she's the best sportsman in the history of our country. If there's anyone else better than her, tell me who?

We all wished her the best of luck and her career. It was a lovely dinner.

No comments: