Sunday, June 22, 2008

Moving into a NEW CHALLENGE....

Salsa Buddies and Friends: Lena, Me, Tony Tiger, Rachel

I was introduced into Salsa Dancing 2 years back and I was very reluctant to join at first. To me, I was like, how the hell can I do that? Me and Rachel decided to give it a try. For almost more than a year after learning salsa, we were close with a bunch of great Salsa friends. It was one of the greatest moments in our life just to think about it. As time passed by, we questioned ourselves on our motive in learning salsa. For that, we left our previous Salsa Studio to Havana Estudio.

Things were pretty tough at that time, we needed to relearn everything again at Havana Estudio. The reason was plain simple: different techniques, moves, shines as well as styling. The group then broken to few pieces. Mike and Stephanie at that time, decided to take a break. Derek went to other studio due to location and a few decided to quit. At that time, it left 4 of us, Tony, Lena, Rachel and me.... We relearn everything from scratch again....

After a solid 8 months plus, we gone thru Beginner 1&2 and Improver 1&2. We were promoted to Intermediate classes yesterday. I never dare to say I'm very good right now but a few things here and there I might be better. Learning and dancing is 2 different things so I still struggle on dance floor due to lack of social dancing. Dancing with different partners are always a challenge, I "could" be an expert in class but I can still be a beginner at social dancing. I'm still shying in dancing with strangers in clubs still...

Moving into Intermediate classes will be the biggest challenge we are going to face... There were lots of quitters before us as told by Aishah, our instructor. Now, I feel that we have already gone so far, there are no looking back anymore... We are delighted with what we have learned and we enjoyed every part and bits of it... Salsa.....

2 comments:

tonytiger said...

i am very glad we all did it. It really show our commitment to salsa and nothing is impossible for us. Even after we fall down, we managed to learn to crawl back and later walk. Now we are beginning to run and later we will be in the olympic (so to speak).

we didn't even quit even whn we start back as beginner.

Anonymous said...

i am very proud that we all made it whr many peoples had fail. Yes, we dropped and fell but we climb back. Now we are on higher ground lookin. Lookin down at those that is still loss and are climbing, made me feel that all the effort we put in is worth it. thank you wilson, rachel n lena for giving me all the support to continue to search for perfection- tony tiger