Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Red Cliff Part 1 2008 Review


The Red Cliff...
Zhou Yu...
Zhuge Liang...

I'm a big fan of John Woo's films even though I didn't really see all of them. I would say the much awaited Chinese movie of the year than CJ7.

Cut story short, I'm not a big fan of Romance of 3 Kingdoms even though I played a bit of Dynasty Warrior in PS2. My dad is a big fan of RO3K so he played Dynasty Warrior, I do mean it.

The movie starts with Cao Cao gaining his power to destroy Liu Bei. Liu Bei sacrificed his armies to protect the people. Without armies, Zhuge Liang went to Kingdom of Wu to seek alliance with Sun Quan. More about the story HERE.

I like the opening of the movie on how Cao Cao obtained his power. The battles in this movie are outstanding. There are so much blood and war strategies are portrayed here. The casts of this movie is outstanding. The pace of the movie becomes slower in the middle as John Woo tries to explain the characters in details. The end battle was magnificent and building up to part 2. The scenes are magnificent even though some are 3D animated.

Personally, I love this movie. John Woo made the heroes looked good like in novel. I love the battle scenes and really looking forward for part 2.

No comments: