After living in Shanghai for three years, Sarah, her husband, Jason, and their young son, Sammy, return to North America for a family funeral. However, Sammy starts seeing ghosts and then falls gravely ill and traditional western medicine offers no hope. It all ties in with the Chinese festival of Ghost Month, when the doors of hell supposedly open and angry spirits are given the chance to terrorise the living. Sarah turns to a mysterious pharmacist who warns that a living corpse is holding her son in a death grip. Sarah must find out what the spirits want if she is to save her child.
(Source: Cinema Online)
Since the summary above gave out so much information about the movie, I will list down things that I understand and I don't!
In a very logical manner of my views and perceptions, I do understand in the movie:
1. The husband, Jason got few tattoos and he's a businessman.
2. Sarah and her son, Sammy can see ghosts.
3. Pharmacist that knows everything.
4. Older Chinese people are tend to be evil.
5. Caucasian believe in Chinese ghost
6. Jason uncle was a bone collector.
Things that my little small brain can't understand after watching the movie:
1. Jason is a very busy man.
2. Sarah and her son, Sammy can see ghosts only in Northwest but not in Shanghai.
3. Pharmacist can become a "bomoh".
4. Why the ghost only revenge after so many years.
Even though its a English title movie but most of the cast are Chinese. The movie is somehow rather short maybe certain part of the movie has been cut. There's a storyline so its not a movie that is made for the sake of making. Ending is expected to be like that. I won't say its a 5 stars scary movie. Maybe 3 stars?