Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Met A Malaysian That Is So "Not Malaysian"

In my recent trip to Argentina, I went to the southernmost city of the world, Ushuaia. While I was there, I went to the Penguin Island near El Harberton. During the tour, I saw a fine young Asian girl with a strong Australian accent.


Due to my Malaysian Hospitality nature, I approached her for a conversation. To my delight, she is a Malaysian born residing in Australia for years. Well, the conversation wasn't that interesting as it only went one way. Understanding her coldness, I walked away.

It is sad to see a Malaysian who lost her "essence". The friendliness and the manners are all gone. I don't really get people who migrated to overseas like Australia feel how superior they are. To me, they are just "homeless" people. There's no place like home, the place where you are born. If she's not proud to be a Malaysian, just don't even mention she's from Malaysia, coz she make us look cheap and ugly.

No comments: